Wednesday, March 03, 2010

I'm Pregnant...Advice Needed!

Dear Jewelz,
i need advice about my pregnancy... i am 17 yrs old i am 5 months pregnant, and lately i feel like my world is falling apart. I have so much stress on me, i don't have a job and neither does my boyfriend. i am about to graduate in 4 months, i still live with my parents, and so does my boyfriend we have been together for 6 yrs i love him... we just don't have money for the baby. he has been trying to look for a job , but no luck. his parents are not supportive at all it's like if they don't care i have also been looking for a job, but no one wants to hired me because of the stage am in.. my only plans are to continue with my school and not give up..
-Shawna, 17

Dear Shawna,
First of all, have you considered adoption at all? Many teens don't want to choose that choice but it truly is the best when you cant support a baby financially. It is hard but in the long run it can be the very best thing. Second of all, your not alone in this, many teens go through this, not having a job, enough money, support. Its a very hard time in your life. Its good your boyfriend is looking for a job. Do you or him have a friend's parents he can work for? Check out all your resources. All you can really do from now until the pregnancy is be strong and pray that your boyfriend can find a job quickly! Don't get too stressed about all of this because the stress can affect the baby. They sense it. So be careful :)
-Jewelz